Saturday, February 16, 2008

Still Valentines Day....

It's still Valentines Day here in our house!! Gotta love that!! Thursday night after getting my BIG card my dh drew me a candlelight bubble bath and then I got a massage- ahh he did good this year. He even said afterwards- it was all Free!! LOL! Sometimes those are the best gifts because they require the most thought!! Tonight I made chocolate covered strawberries for us to enjoy with some champagne in the hottub!!

I took some pictures of my rose I got along with my card and had some fun playing with textures. This is great!! Thanks to aprildel for your instructions and wonderful inspiration!! Hope you don't mind!!


Photobucket
Original Image

Photobucket
Applied grunge texture from texture king

Photobucket
Applied the scratched glass and grunge. I LOVE this one!! And I can see where these are addicting!! TFL!!

22 comments:

Ginnie said...

That second image is awesom! love the grunge!

Ginnie said...

I mean awesom-E-!! I swear I do know how to spell ;).

Kristi said...

That is a GORGEOUS rose!!! I need to take some pics of mine before they die! I'm so glad you made the strawberries...how'd the turn out??

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, those are awesome! Your husband sounds like a keeper!

Becky said...

I love it, Tera! Texture is fun isn't it? And Aprildel's instructions were just perfect to get me started.

Farrah Jobling said...

I LOVE your texture plays!!! Great job!

Debbi said...

BEAUTIFUL! Note to self: learn how to do textures!

Anonymous said...

LOVe that last one! gorgeous texture!
tara

Anonymous said...

Love the first and the last one. Very pretty.

Krystle said...

Wow your DH did one heck of a job! I love the third pic, and I'm not even a fan of texture.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Yes, textures can be addicting. You did a great job with that rose! Sounds like your valentines was perfect.

amazing grace said...

love the last one!!! great texture! so glad you are having a great valentines weekend!

Sharon said...

I think I like the second one best. The scratched glass hides too much of the rose.

Liz said...

I love the third take. The scratched glass texture is perfect over the deeper colors in this photo. Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh those textured ones are just awesome!!! I really need to get some textures and play!
Cari

Sara said...

Wow- love to see the start-to-finish progression. Cool end result!

Val said...

I love the post processing!!

pat said...

Wow--just wow. And WHAT a hubby!!

Mandy said...

WOW...that is so wonderful. I am just a bit jealous (okay a lot jealous!). The photos are so great. I think the texture on the last one is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a wonderful valentines day(s) Bothe textures really work well on these

Suzy said...

I love that middle one! Very cool!!

C said...

yah textures are addicting! now you know why i haven't been able to stop ;) i think it's cool how i can make my own, but love the idea of saving some time. thanks for mentioning texture king. beautiful pictures!