Thursday, March 27, 2008

Faith in Myself...

I am not a super religious person. I know what I believe in and I trust it in my heart... I do believe in God, feel that I am blessed but don't go to church on a regular basis. I don't know if it comes from not having an option of not going to church growing up or religion being forced upon me. I don't question my mother for being that way, she only wanted the best for me. I just don't agree with the ways of the church I grew up in and do not follow it. Thats all. So for me this week is going to be the things I have faith in. Faith in myself, that is most important. I have to know that I am strong enough and am the person I am today because all that I have overcome, accomplished and learned from. I feel this is one of the most important things to have FAITH in... yourself!!

Photobucket
"I have one life and one chance to make it count for something . . . I'm free to choose what that something is, and the something I've chosen is my faith. Now, my faith goes beyond theology and religion and requires considerable work and effort. My faith demands -- this is not optional -- my faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference."

Photobucket
Starting to show some signs of spring around here. Slowly things are turning green and starting to bloom.

26 comments:

Amy said...

I really like the self-portrait. It invokes thought and meaning. And your flower is beautiful. I'd like to see it cropped a little off-centered. I remember looking for these bushes as a child when we drove down the road in Spring.

C said...

:) Well put, for who you are and how you feel.

Wow, the eye shot... looks so serious and determined. Awesome focus on the eye and lashes too!
Great shots :)

Unknown said...

Tera, This is a wonderful journal you have shared with us. I understand where you are coming from, but maybe one day you will find a religion perfect for you... Great post.

Margaret said...

Incredible self-portrait. You have beautiful, thoughtful eyes! I love your shot of the coming of Spring, too!:)

Michelle said...

i agree with your philosophy. faith in yourself is very important. love the self portrait and nice gimpse of spring.

Alicia Barry said...

That first shot is really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the self portrait. Such intensness in your eyes.

Angela2932 said...

I love the DOF in the 2nd one! I like how much thought you put into formulating your expression of faith. I think so much of our faith in anything has to start with a core faith in ourselves, and then we can reach outwards, like you're doing in wanting to make a difference. TFS.

Becky said...

What a beautiful post. And great focus on your eye photo. Love the smoky eye makeup you're sporting too. And the forsythia shot made me smile because they were always one of our first signs of spring when I was growing up.

Jess said...

Beautiful post! I understand where you are coming from too, it was like that for me as a child as well. But I have found a faith that works for me and that's all I can ask, and I'm glad you have found a comfortable level for yourself. I believe there is no right or wrong way to believe, so long as you DO believe! *hugs*

pat said...

Tera--great self-portrait. You look so focused and intense. And yea! A forsythia!! Nice DOF on that. Isn't it fun to see those brave little yellow blossoms pop out?

Mom2Drew said...

Whew...that eye is really in focus!

Anonymous said...

i love your post today! great show of faith!

Amy said...

Love your self-portrait! And I'm happy to see you have some spring appearing, we're still buried under snow, but it's starting to melt some!

periwinkle eye images said...

Great interpretive photography for faith in yourself! I agree about the importance of faith, beyond a religion; for me, it includes my religion, but there is so much more! Great thoughts, and thanks for sharing. I love your single little forsythia - seems to have faith in itself too! ML

Sharon said...

Love your self portrait. SUch pretty eyes and such concern in your brow.

Mandy said...

I really love the angle you took on this portrait...really extraordinary focus and color...perfect! I am a lot like you about region as well.

Jason said...

That first shot is awesome great DOF and I really like how sharp it is.

Reds said...

Great great journaling and love that self-portrait!!

Jen said...

Awesome!

Debbi said...

Beautiful self-portrait! And touching journaling to go with it!

Jodi said...

great focus on your sp!

Anonymous said...

awesome photos! love the close up of you and the flower is gorgeous!
tara

Suzy said...

Beautiful - your post and your eyes as well.

jewels said...

I like how your self portrait is of your eye! It is a very strong image! I love that one little bud making his way into spring!

Cheers,
jewels

Tori said...

nice self portrait!