Friday, January 18, 2008

Angels among us...

I got some of these willow tree angels for Christmas, my mil said it was about time for me to start collecting something- so I chose these. I had fun playing with these and trying to make the pictures look interesting. I really don't have that many interesting things around my house to photograph. I'm hoping to get out of the house this weekend and get some new pictures!! TFL!! I was just playing in photoshop with everything thats already there, I have actions saved but no luck yet on getting them into my photoshop.

SOOC :
Photobucket

Watercolor: thought this looked neat
Photobucket

Oh yeah and someone asked about the penny yesterday, its actually part of my coffee table. I have an old fashioned trunk and I guess you can say those are little hammered circles around it, make sense?

15 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

I collect Willow Tree figures too, but strangely...I have not bought one for myself-all purchased by others. Guess I must look like a Willow Tree collector.

As far as loading actions...is it just that you have not loaded them, or are you struggling with loading them? I know I did for a while until someone helped me. I could try to explain it to you best I can if you need it. Just let me know.

Toni said...

I think its great that you started collecting something. Hmmm? Im trying to think if I collect anything? Oh, yea, Childrens books... I have lots of those and baby blankets... I m obsessed with baby blankets. For some odd reason. :) Toni

Danielle said...

I love the willow tree figures and would collect them but I have no place to keep them. I like the watercolor on the picture.

Amy said...

I like the watercolor look too. I've seen these figures, but didn't know what they're called.

Margaret said...

I love the texture on the second one. One of my friends gave me a Willow Tree angel. I love it!

Kristen said...

Okay, i love that you posted this! I collect them as well. D you have the willow tree nativity? Its a favorite of mine..i just got it :) i love these shots.

Anonymous said...

I love those angels. If I thought my kids would leave them alone, I would have some. Hahaha

Love this photo. The PP is great!

Sara said...

I have a small collection of Willow Trees that represent our family.

It's very pretty, I like your SOOC and edit.

Becky said...

I have one little Willow Tree and that reminds me I put it somewhere when I did Christmas decorating and I have to go find it and put it back up. The Willow Tree nativity set is nice.

tori said...

I love these little figurines! I need to start collecting something at some point... other than pictures and photography stuff! ;)

Val said...

That watercolor effect does look very cool with this photo! I don't have any of those Willow Tree things, but i think they are beautiful

Michelle said...

how fun that you started a collection. it will definitely be something to treasure. love your DOF in this.

Angela2932 said...

I really like the watercolor effect, and your bokeh in the photo. Thanks for answering the question about the penny! i was just curious.

Suzy said...

I like both of these!

C said...

my SIL collects these too. i think their pretty. this is a great picture. i like the mirror background. :)