Right now I am reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I am enjoying it, not as much as others but it's still good. I used to be an avid reader (before I had my ds and a family) and have gotten back into reading lately. I used to read atleast one book a week! Ahh, those were the days! My dh asked me if I was depressed, cause I sure was reading an awful lot!! Hmm what sense does that make?! My reply was "You sure play a lot of Xbox, does that make you depressed?" I enjoy reading, and losing myself in the book.

"Opening a book is like opening a door, Turning a leaf, like a bend in the lane - You never know how far you'll go..."

I had fun playing with these, I wanted them to look vintagey! ANd again couldnt decide which one I liked better. Seems like everyone had a split decision yesterday! TFL!!
26 comments:
I love to read, so I love your picture today. Great composition. I read Secret Life of Bees. I thought it was okay, but a lot of people I know LOVED it.
awesome! i like the first one!! love the colors you put in your layout ;)
I like the first one! I'm glad you're finding more time to read. I bought to parenting-type books and have yet to crack them open. So sad!
Wow...I envy you. I havn't read anything more than a school or photography related book in about 3 years. (Oh, I did make time for what to expect in the first year, after I was shocked about what I DIDN'T expect...haha).
Ahhh...xbox. You don't even have to say anymore about that. I feel your pain.
I also LOVE to read! Go thru books like water.... mostly read books by James patterson and the like... mysteries and such.... Nice shots... great DOF!
fun dof in this shot!!! i tried reading that book a couple summers ago--but just couldn't finish it...
I need to start reading it again!
like your new background color, too!
leah
Oh, my Lord I read that book a few months ago and LOVED it. (Well, I love almost every book, but. . .) It was fantastic!! :)
I like the first one. I really enjoyed this book...hope you do too. I wish I got to read more as well - it's so relaxing!
oh gosh...it's been too long since I've read a non-parenting book. Think I'll have to do this over the weekend.
Love your DOF and the way you filled the frame. I LOVE to read...even when my kids were little I read every day (or night since I can't go to sleep at night without reading at least a little).
Perfect capture, I love to read toO!!!
OK, I am looking on a laptop and can't see much difference. So I think they are both great! ;)
Love this idea. I like the second one--it's a little softer and more "mysterious". NOTHING like a good book!
I can't decide which one I like best ... they both are amazing!! I love reading too. My friends and I are starting a book club ... hopefully it will last :) My dh and your dh would get along great ... he is playing XBox and I write this.
I like the second one better,great DOF. I love to read anything.
I'm a reader - thankfully my sister gives me boxes of books.
Reading is so relaxing to me.
Great shots.
laulley
i'm an avid reader also. nothing makes me more pleasant to be around than a little time reading. lol! glad you are finding time for something you love. i really like the vintage one...
I love books! I rally like the second photo, don't know exactky why I just do :)
Great perspective on these photos!
Cari
Isn't it wonderful when you can find a few quiet minutes to read. My problem --- a few minutes turns into a few hours, usually when I should be sleeping. Your photos this week have all been wonderful and such great ideas for keeping on theme.
I read that book in a Young Adult Lit class and loved and we just read again in my book club. I'm with you, I love to read and I love the places it takes me. I just have to be careful cause I neglect everything when I read.
Great cropping and DOF. If I'm NOT reading, it means I'm depressed!
I love to read, so enjoy seeing the photos of books. Funny thing is someone gave me this book this evening and told me to read it so we can go see the movie together. Nice shot!
I like to read before going to sleep, just seems to help me relax. I'm reading for myself now more than when my boys were little-didn't seem to have the extra time then, although I read to them a lot! I like your first shot best. Looks more vintage and I like the closer crop of it. Also, love the quote - so true!
i LOVE to read too!
have you registered at goodreads.com where you can get really great advice on good books to read and also give book reviews of your own! it's a cool site!
tara
They both look very nice. Warm and cozy looking. I like that book
Post a Comment