Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Patriot Park...

I pass this little park almost everyday on my drive to post. I've been noticing the pink buds on the trees and have been wanting to stop there for a while. I had a few extra minutes before I had to pick up ds so I stopped and snapped a few pictures. It was a bit chilly out and I was afraid I looked silly, snapping pictures in this little park in the middle of 6 lanes (yes 6 lanes?!) of traffic. Hence, why I can't go there with ds. This is also the same place I stopped a few days before with the bench and lamp post.. it has some really neat elements. I had some fun, trying new things, playing with light, not sure if I like the results. I'd appreciate any helpful cc here!! TFL!

Photobucket
I like the sunlight here, and the bokeh... just not sure though.

Photobucket
Maybe if the blooms had been alittle fuller?

Photobucket
And then as I was going to get into my car I spotted these and smiled.. I thought of Christine (cc_creates1) and the AWESOME pics she posted the day before!! So these are inspired by you girl. I miss you, would be nice if you were still here and we could scrapbook and take pictures together!!

Photobucket

24 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Blown away by them all! First, I'm lusting after the gorgeous flowers in the first post, and then I see your last one with the sun flares! Well done!. Only thing I would do differently (but trust me, I know NOTHING!) in the first one, is make the focus more directed on the pink flower. It seems to be focus more above the pink flower part, but I think the pink is the show-stopper!

pat said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous flowers. The color is perfect; I would zoom in closer on the flowers though; give them the prominence they deserve. Love the backlighting on the maple seeds/helicopters!

Reds said...

Beautiful!! Love that last shot with the sun flare!!

Sara said...

These are beautiful, your shots are so nice and crisp and vibrant. I agree with Pat that getting closer would only add to the photo; a closer crop that followed the rule of thirds would make it more dynamic. It is a lovely photo- and you are brave for venturing into a park in the middle of a six lane highway!!!

Yvonne said...

Great shots! Love the second one better than the first one, probably because the branch stands out more. Like Pat said, a little more zoom would probably helped for the first one. The last two are stunning with the backlight!

Bobbi said...

These are all so pretty, but I LOVE that sunlight on the last one.

C said...

AWWW, dang girl i miss you too!! :( Really good talking to you last night! I too, so wish that we were still there and were able to drink our wine, scrapbook and go take some pictures! LOL, i'm drinking some Lambrusco right now! No Sangria tongiht. Feeling a little giggly, hope i don't ramble on and on in comments tonight... what a minute, hummmm... ;)
Dude your pictures are really pretty! LOVE the 3rd shot and the pink glow to the helicopters and the lighting in the 1st is great!

OH YAH, and i remember now where you are talking about... the Patriot Park. Has the little church there too. Yah it is pretty there.

Putting the wine glass down now...

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh wow those last two are amazing. I love how the light changed the color and it shows how delicate the petals are. gReat job.

periwinkle eye images said...

I about choked on my intake of breath when I got to #3 of the back-lit maple helicopters! THAT is an incredible shot! It is on my mental list of all-time favorites. ML

Christiana said...

Wow! You got some great shots. Love the sunlight coming thru, I've got to try that. Great job!

Suzy said...

WOW, WOW, and WOW!! These are gorgeous!!! Oh my I love them all!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow, what beautiful flowers and GORGEOUS shots!!! Love them!!

Amy said...

These are sooooo pretty! That second one looks like a watercolor! Beautiful lighting!

Mandy said...

Oh my word...these are just stunning. I love your sun flair in the last one. Works of art....gorgeous.

Jess said...

OHH! These are STUNNING! I love them ALL!~

Unknown said...

awww. these flowers are such a beautiful sign of the months to come. I miss yoU! How are you?

Jen said...

Very nice! I really like the last one, with the sun!

Becky said...

I think they're all so pretty, I especially love the sun in the last one. What kind of flowers are those?

Mom2Drew said...

What a fun little flare:) pretty pink, you're in VA right? Wow...you've got some great flowers right now.

Tori said...

ooh.... i really like the last two! pretty!

Amy said...

Very, very pretty. Definitely worth risking your self-image. That first one is just perfect and I love the last one with the sunlight, too.

Anonymous said...

i LOVe that last one with the sun coming in!!!
you are great at flower/buds photos!
tara

Debbi said...

Great job with sunflare and silhouettes! Terrific colors!

Alexis said...

What great shots! I love the color and the composition!